Sunday, October 11, 2015

Review Another Day






If there's anyone out there who's accidentally stumbled into this corner of the Internet, I'm sure you're wondering why on earth do I review classic Doctor Who serials with such meticulous care whilst completely neglecting the new series, especially since I watched the newer ones first?

Well, the truth is, I started out with all of this two years ago, back when I was practically an infant(teenager years are like centuries) and I was only reviewing the new series back then. Being so enthusiastic about watching the show, I had already watched Series 1 and couldn't slow down. My only solution was to make a quick review of Series 1 then move on. Being a nitpicker even then, I couldn't abandon consistency and so I just enjoyed myself and made general reviews of each series. After I had finished Series 7, I realized that I had nothing else to review, so I moved onto the classic series.

When I finally made the crossover from GateWorld Forum to this blog, I was too lazy to go back to rewatch the older episodes of the show and so rewrote my reviews of each series to give short individual thought to each episode(my original reviews on the Forum having only discussed the series as a whole).

However, as the Twelfth Doctor era approached, I had become more reviewer than viewer and realized that I had to write about each episode properly. Back in the Forum, I had started to. But here, I stubbornly stuck to consistency and just did my usual short review of Series 8 at the end of the year.

In other words, I'm an idiot with a screwdriver- I mean sunglasses! And now I'm here to undo the damage and actually release my original reviews of Series 8(and the incoming Series 9 ones) from the Forum. At some point, likely after I've finished with the classic series, I will rewatch the newer episodes and maybe even rereview them. Who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment